City Notes for Wednesday, September 10, 2014

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: City Notes for Wednesday, September 10, 2014
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 17:41:49 +0000

1. Sad news

2. Mental Health

3. Suicide Prevention Week

1. Sad news: Information Technology Services staff are sad to report that our long-time colleague and friend Frank (Francisco) Morales died last Friday, September 5.  Frank, who retired in February after more than three decades in ITS, was 66. Frank leaves behind his wife, Maria, adult children Frank, William and Michelle, and two grandsons.  A memorial mass will be held on Thursday, September 18, at 10 am at Corpus Christi Church, 62 Santa Rosa Avenue, San Francisco. Please see the attached Remembering Frank Morales.pdf for additional information about his life and times at City College of San Francisco. Submitted by Jay Field

2. Mental Health:  We invite you to the "Mental Health Awareness Event" three days at CCSF, Ocean Campus.  A collaboration between Each Mind Matters (CalMHSA), Project SAFE, the Community Mental Health Certificate Program, and Student Health Services at City College of San Francisco.  Please feel free to invite students, perhaps we will see you too. See attached CCSF Campus Mental Health Awareness Outreach Event.pdf for all the details of the three-day program, happening October 7, 8, and 9 in Ram Plaza. Submitted by Becky Perelli

3. Suicide Prevention Day: Today is World Suicide Prevention Day: CCSF is working hard to support our students, many of whom experience multiple stressors in their lives. One way to help is by learning how to identify and respond to students whose behaviors have recently changed. Check out the Kognito At-Risk online trainings accessible at www.kognito.com/ccc – each about 45 minutes and a valuable interactive learning opportunity. Feel free to contact Health Services at 415-239-3110 or the Office of Student Affairs and Wellness at 415-239-3211 for more information and for consultation. Go to this URL for more information: http://www.cdc.gov/features/PreventingSuicide/?s_cid=cdc_homepage_whatsnew_004
Submitted by Becky Perelli