CityNotes for Thursday, August 14, 2014

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: CityNotes for Thursday, August 14, 2014
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 20:52:18 +0000

1. Smoking areas update

2. Flex Day Schedule and information

1. Smoking area update: The map sent out in the last CityNotes was not correct. The correct map, with designated smoking areas is attached as Smoking Area Map of Ocean Campus.pdf, and the accompanying, attached smoking locations brochure.pdf indicate the correct locations for smoking on campus and the brochure gives additional details about the smoking policy and smoking areas for the centers, where applicable.

2. Flex day schedule and information: NOTE: Admissions and Records offices WILL be open during the flex day Convocation to server students. The Professional Development Flex Day Event is tomorrow, Friday, August 15, 2014, located at the Ocean Campus, 50 Phelan Avenue, SFCA from 8:00am to 5:00pm.

Special arrangements are made to ensure that all employees are encouraged to participate together in the Flex Day Convocation that will take place from 9:15am – 10:30am in the Wellness Center Gymnasium.  All College offices (with the exception of Admissions & Record and Financial Aid who will be open and available for students) will be closed from 8:30 to 11:00 am on Friday, August 15th so that our classified staff, administrators, and faculty can attend the ceremony to kick-off the Fall Semester.

In an effort to reduce costs and go green, we have provided the link to the Professional Development website allowing you the convenience and option to browse from your computer or mobile device, and print only the pages you need.  (A limited supply of Flex Program booklets will be available during the event). You can find the 8/15/14 Fall Flex Day Program Booklet on our website at:  www.ccsf.edu/staffdev

8/15/14 FALL FLEX DAY SCHEDULE – AT – A – GLANCE:

Time Title Location
8:00 – 9:00 Academic Senate Plenary Wellness Center Gymnasium
8:15 – 9:00 Administrators' Meeting Rosenberg 304
8:15 – 9:00 Classified Senate Plenary Wellness 103
9:15 – 10:30 CHANCELLOR'S CONVOCATION Wellness Center Gymnasium
10:30 – Various Department Meetings Various
11:45 – 12:45 LUNCH – ON YOUR OWN
1:00 – 5:00 Concurrent Workshops Various

 We encourage you to review the Flex Credit Guidelines & Requirements and to submit your Flex Credit Report Form and Evaluation Forms after the event:  www.ccsf.edu/staffdev

As a reminder,

  1. Full Time Faculty are required to complete Five (5) hours of flex activity are per Flex Day in each academic year.
  2. PT Faculty who are paid hourly are required to attend only if Flex falls on the days that they are scheduled to work.
  3. Part-time Faculty who are Paid-By-Load (PBL), are required to engage in a portion of five (5) hours per flex day based upon their FTE load assignment (see Flex Guidelines).
  4. Everyone is encouraged to attend a diversity workshop.

For questions or comments regarding the Flex Day event, please call our office at (415) 241-2319, or email etavisor@ccsf.edu

We welcome you to a fresh start of the Fall semester - See you on Flex Day!!