CityNotes for Wednesday, August 13, 2014

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: CityNotes for Wednesday, August 13, 2014
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 19:03:32 +0000

1. Muriel Parenteau remembers Robin William's generosity and kindness

2. CCSF Smoking Policy/Review

3. Flex Day Parking and Food in the Wellness Center

4. Flex day schedule and information

1. Muriel Parenteau remembers Robin William's generosity and kindness: Many people knew of Robin Williams as a very funny man, but as we a learning day by day, he was much more complex than that. And one of his attributes was generosity. Read the attached Robin Williams Story.pdf, to learn more about this beloved and complex man. Submitted by Muriel Parenteau, DSPS Coordinator.

2. CCSF Smoking Policy: Starting with the Fall semester 2014 on August 18th, CCSF's new smoking policy will be in effect. Please see the attached Smoking Policy Notification.pdf for full details and Smoking Area map with specific locations where smoking will be permitted.
Submitted by Andre Barnes

3. Flex Day Parking and Food in the Wellness Center: Employees should be advised due to the set for Friday the parking strip between the Library and Wellness Center will be closed Thursday/Friday.  We also ask that no food or drink be brought into the gymnasium, please enjoy outside or in the hallway.

Submitted by Andre Barnes.

4. Flex day schedule and information: The Professional Development Flex Day Event is on Friday, August 15, 2014, located at the Ocean Campus, 50 Phelan Avenue, SFCA from 8:00am to 5:00pm.

Special arrangements are made to ensure that all employees are encouraged to participate together in the Flex Day Convocation that will take place from 9:15am – 10:30am in the Wellness Center Gymnasium.  All College offices will be closed from 8:30 to 11:00 am on Friday, August 15th so that our classified staff, administrators, and faculty can attend the ceremony to kick-off the Fall Semester.

In an effort to reduce costs and go green, we have provided the link to the Professional Development website allowing you the convenience and option to browse from your computer or mobile device, and print only the pages you need.  (A limited supply of Flex Program booklets will be available during the event). You can find the 8/15/14 Fall Flex Day Program Booklet on our website at:  www.ccsf.edu/staffdev

8/15/14 FALL FLEX DAY SCHEDULE – AT – A – GLANCE:

Time Title Location
8:00 – 9:00 Academic Senate Plenary Wellness Center Gymnasium
8:15 – 9:00 Administrators' Meeting Rosenberg 304
8:15 – 9:00 Classified Senate Plenary Wellness 103
9:15 – 10:30 CHANCELLOR'S CONVOCATION Wellness Center Gymnasium
10:30 – Various Department Meetings Various
11:45 – 12:45 LUNCH – ON YOUR OWN
1:00 – 5:00 Concurrent Workshops Various

 We encourage you to review the Flex Credit Guidelines & Requirements and to submit your Flex Credit Report Form and Evaluation Forms after the event:  www.ccsf.edu/staffdev

As a reminder,

For questions or comments regarding the Flex Day event, please call our office at (415) 241-2319, or email etavisor@ccsf.edu

We welcome you to a fresh start of the Fall semester - See you on Flex Day!!

Robin Williams Story.pdf

Smoking Area Map Ocean.pdf

Smoking Policy Notification.pdf