CityNotes for Monday, June 16, 2014

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: CityNotes for Monday, June 16, 2014
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 15:44:18 +0000
authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is )smtp.mailfrom=Citynotes@ccsf.edu;

Summer Session 2014!

1. A resource for battered women from all walks of life

2. Mission Center CCSF STAR program success

1. A resource for battered women from all walks of life: ​​​Do you have friends who experience violence in their lives?  Do you wish you could help them to leave the situation?  Is language a barrier for them to seek help? Asian Women's Shelter can help you.  It was founded in 1988 to address the needs of survivors of domestic violence and human trafficking, especially those who are immigrants and refugees. Call AWS crisis line at 1-877-751- 0880 if you need support, or if you know someone who needs support.  Their services are accessible in 40 languages. We provide support for transgender survivors across the gender spectrum, including male to female (FTM) and female to male (MTF).

2. Mission Center CCSF STAR program success: The Mission Center conducted the first ever CCSF STAR Program, a one-week transition experience designed to help graduating high school seniors from the Mission successfully enter CCSF. We are thrilled that 20 students successfully enrolled and will complete their educational goals at CCSF. Look at the STAR Students  photo to see all the smiling faces!

STAR students.JPG

JPEG image