CityNotes for Wednesday, May 28, 2014

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: CityNotes for Wednesday, May 28, 2014
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 23:38:20 +0000
authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is )smtp.mailfrom=Citynotes@ccsf.edu;

We are in a slow period between Spring Semester and Summer Session, with fewer activities, events and deadlines. So CityNotes may not come out daily, but where there is something to share --- we'll share it!

1. Photo link for Friday, May 23 Graduation Ceremony

2. Photo link for CCCSF's participation in S.F. Carnaval

3. FLEX Workshop Proposal Deadline

1. Photo link for Friday, May 23 Graduation Ceremony: Thank you to City College's roving photographer, Ms. Katie Gelardi, we have some fantastic images from the graduation ceremony -- the students and people that made it all happen and made it special. Check out this weblink to see the images: https://ccsfphotos.shutterfly.com/commencement2014

2. Photo link for CCCSF's participation in S.F. Carnaval: Thanks again to Ms. Katie Gelardi, we have many photos of the people who staffed CCSF's information table at S.F. Carnaval, as well as images of some of the festivities in the street. Click on this link to see the website with the images: https://ccsfphotos.shutterfly.com/commencement2014

3. FLEX Workshop Proposal Deadline: FLEX provides a unique opportunity for us to come together as an entire College to learn about and discuss key issues.  As is typical of most professional conferences, we'll organize the day according to "strands" that provide general focus while allowing for variety and creativity.  Our August 2014 Flex will be guided by the following three broad goals developed during the spring 2014 Education Master Planning process:

Goal 1:  Advance student achievement in meeting educational goals.
Goal 2:  Transform and sustain College infrastructure.
Goal 3:  Provide new and expanded opportunities for organizational development and effective innovation.

Think about the things you do that contribute to these goals and consider sharing with your colleagues!  In the "Description" section of the Workshop Proposal Form, please indicate how your workshop relates to one of the three goal areas.

You can find the Workshop Proposal Form at our website: www.ccsf.edu/staffdev

The last day to submit a workshop proposal form is FRIDAY, JUNE 13, 2014.

 You may return this form via:

1)   Fax:  (415) 241-2347

2)   email:  etavisor@ccsf.edu

3)   Hand Delivery, US or Interoffice Mail:     Office of Professional Development

33 Gough Street

San Francisco, CA  94103