CityNotes Addendum for Monday, May 19, 2014

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: CityNotes Addendum for Monday, May 19, 2014
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 21:19:09 +0000
authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is )smtp.mailfrom=Citynotes@ccsf.edu;

1. BEMA's two international students recognition awards

2. A night of storytelling

3. The Great Migration and Motown

4. CCSF Biosymposium (a reminder)

1. BEMA's two international students recognition awards We’d like to congratulate Nindiya Maheswari Putri and Astari Rosmalina of the Broadcast Electronic Media Arts Dept. have been have been awarded by the Department’s faculty a Certificate in recognition of their Academic Excellence. Nindiya and Astari are international students from Indonesia who are here under the auspices of the Community College Initiative Program, sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Education and Cultural Affairs Bureau. They have been at CCSF since summer 2013 and will be returning home at the end of the Spring 2014 semester. Included is an attachment International Students Academic Excellence with this story and a photo of both students.

2. A night of storytelling: Nuestras Vidas/Nuestros Testimonios--Our lives/Our Stories. Come experience a night of storytelling, celebrating domestic workers' and immigrant workers' rights. Tuesday and Thursday, May 20th and 22nd from 8:00 to 9:30 PM in room 109 of the Mission Center. See attachment Nuestras Vidas.pdf

3. The Great Migration and Motown: The Rockin' Solidarity Chorus will tell the story of the great African American migration from the south to the north that took place over six decades and involved over six million individuals. This event will take place on Friday, May 23rd at 7:00 PM at the First Presbyterian Church at 2619 Broadway in Oakland. More information to be found in attachment Chorus Performance.pdf

4. CCSF Biosymposium (a reminder): CCSF's BioSymposium will be held in Genentech Hall at UCSF Mission Bay Campus on Friday, May 23rd. Graduating students from our Biotech program have the opportunity to showcase their internship projects and meet with industry professionals. It's open to the public between 11am-2pm.  We encourage people interested in learning more about CCSF's Biotech Program to attend! Register here to attend the free event: https://sites.google.com/site/ccsflabassistant/networking-event

Check out our video from the Dec 2012 BioSymposium featuring students' internship projects:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws9qDif1PVQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUdK_gbtdU1izHlz8cscEqrg

International Students Academic Excellence.pdf

Nuestras Vidas.pdf

Chorus Performance.pdf