CityNotes for Friday, May 9, 2014

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: CityNotes for Friday, May 9, 2014
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 20:15:08 +0000
authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is )smtp.mailfrom=Citynotes@ccsf.edu;

1. Spring Fashion Show

2. Flex Proposal Deadline

3. CCSF BioSymposium

4. Today's event

1. Spring Fashion Show: The Fashion Department cordially invites you to attend their 13th Annual Spring Fashion Show. Midnight Metropolis, benefiting the CCSF Fashion Department, will be held on Sunday, May 18, 2014 at Ruby Skye 420 Mason Street.  Reception is 6:00 - 7:00 pm, Fashion Show 7:00 - 7:30 pm. No host bar, non-alcoholic. $10 Students (must show ID), $15 General Public, $25 Haute VIP Advance Door Sales 5:30 pm. Tickets can be purchased online at www.brownpapertickets.com

Tickets are available at CCSF: Ocean Campus Bookstore Annex, Downtown Campus Bookstore, Mission Campus Bookstore and Fashion Department Office (Batmale 210) For more information, please call 415-239-3588 or visit www.ccsf.edu/Fashion#midnightmetropolis

2. Flex Proposal Deadline: FLEX provides a unique opportunity for us to come together as an entire College to learn about and discuss key issues.  As is typical of most professional conferences, we'll organize the day according to "strands" that provide general focus while allowing for variety and creativity.  Our August 2014 Flex will be guided by the following three broad goals developed during the spring 2014 Education Master Planning process:

Goal 1:  Advance student achievement in meeting educational goals.
Goal 2:  Transform and sustain College infrastructure.
Goal 3:  Provide new and expanded opportunities for organizational development and effective innovation. Think about the things you do that contribute to these goals and consider sharing with your colleagues!  In the "Description" section of the Workshop Proposal Form, please indicate how your workshop relates to one of the three goal areas. You can find the Workshop Proposal Form at our website: www.ccsf.edu/staffdev. The last day to submit a workshop proposal form is FRIDAY, JUNE 13, 2014. You may return this form via: 1) Fax:  (415) 241-2347   2)   email:  etavisor@ccsf.edu   3) Hand Delivery, US or Interoffice Mail: Office of Professional Development, 33 Gough Street, San Francisco, CA  94103

3. CCSF BioSymposium: This event will take place at UCSF Mission Bay Campus (Genentech Hall) in  on Friday May 23rd, 11:00 am-2:00 pm.  Students from our Biotech Program run the event.

4. Today's event: Undocumented and Educated: 5:30 PM in the Smith Hall Cafeteria. Voices of Immigrants Demonstrating Achievement.