CityNotes: March 28, 2014

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: CityNotes: March 28, 2014
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 17:40:53 +0000

1. Celebrate Our Graduating Class of 2014!

2. DSPS Computer Labs

3. CityNotes during Spring Break

1. Celebrate Our Graduating Class of 2014!  Outside of our students' very first day at City College, probably the MOST memorable and PROUDEST day with us is Graduation. It will be grand for our students to look out and view a sea of faculty, staff, and administrator friends beaming back at them with our own pride, satisfaction in a job well done, and perhaps a little sadness because some of our favorite students will be leaving. It is hoped that everyone will choose to make attending this graduation a priority for themselves and our graduating students. May 23rd at 1:00 PM on the football field. Go to

http://www.ccsf.edu/NEW/en/student-services/StudentAffairs/ccsf_commencementceremony.html

and click on Ceremony Information for more details. Also, if you are planning to rent or buy your regalia, go to page 9 of the Commencement Circular for information about how to do this.

Let's do this together--one and all!

2. DSPS Computer Labs: The DSPS Accessible Computer Labs are designed for students with disabilities, and is open to ALL City College students, regardless of abilityThe DSPS Accessible Computer lab offers FREE non-credit instruction/training lab in adaptive computer software and/or hardware and tutorial software for the development of academic, vocational and daily living skills. To use the ACL Lab, student(s) are required to complete a non-credit enrollment form in which our ACL staff will be assisting.

City College has two DSPS Accessible Computer Lab locations: one on the Ocean Campus in Batmale Hall, Rm 231, and other at the John Adams Campus, Rm 106.

The DSPS Accessible Computer Lab supports a variety of assistive computer technology applications. Learn how to use assistive technologies to read out loud to you, to voice-input instead of hand-typing, and to help organize your thoughts in writing a paper. These applications are intended to assist students in meeting their academic objectives and support their learning needs to complete assignments for mainstream classes in a low distraction environment.

The DSPS Accessible Computer lab is a quiet place with PCs & iMacs, and computer software such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Adobe CS5 Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver & QuarkXpress, typing programs, remedial skill-building programs and more." Further information on the unique feature we offer at the ACL Lab: Go to https://sites.google.com/a/mail.ccsf.edu/dorarod/

See attachment DSPSACLHandoutSpring2014.pdf for more information.

3. CityNotes during Spring Break: City notes will very likely not be distributed during Spring Break because

    A. No one will be here to read it anyway

    B. Mr. CityNotes will be displaced and working on a laptop somewhere on campus

    C. No one will be sending anything to publish

    D. All of the above

    ("D" is the correct answer: All of the above)

DSPSACLHandoutSpring2014.pdf