CityNotes, March 21, 2014

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: CityNotes, March 21, 2014
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 21:11:43 +0000

Lots of news to share today!

1. Questions for the Chancellor

2. Scholarship deadline extended

3. CCSF Speech Tournament Wins

4. Career Development Opportunities for Students

5. Evacuation Locations

6. News from the Diego Rivera Mural Project

7. Farewell Vic Fascio!

1. Questions for the Chancellor: Last month, Chancellor Tyler recorded a video interview with questions posed by students. Later this month he will be videotaped answering questions posed by the Academic Senate. To keep the conversation going, please forward any questions YOU would like to ask the Chancellor to CityNotes and they will be compiled and asked in future taped video interviews with the Arthur Tyler. The link to the last video is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAWclqP0se0

2. Scholarship deadline extended: The deadline has been extended for real estate scholarships to March 31, 2014.  Students should have their application materials to Amy Kern, Financial Aid officer, MUB, Ocean campus  next week!  Contact her at  akern@ccsf.edu. All the information and application materials are at this website:

http://extranet.cccco.edu/Divisions/StudentServices/FinancialAid/RealEstateScholarship.aspx

3. CCSF Speech Tournament Wins: OK, so you KNOW CCSF students are brighter and more motivated than most. Did you know they also excel at speech and debate? Click on the link Speech Tournament Wins.docx to learn about their many recent victories!

4. Career Development Opportunities for Students: The Career Development Center will be hosting the annual Career Information Fair on Wednesday, April 16, from 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon, in Smith Hall, student cafeteria at the Ocean Campus.

We will host corporations, government agencies, and non-profit organizations that will provide our CCSF students with career information and advice for obtaining employment or internships in diverse fields.  This is an excellent way for our CCSF students to collect career and occupational information relative to choice of majors and careers.  Representatives highly prefer resumes for actual job and internship opportunities.

The Career Development Center offers workshops on job search techniques, resume development and interviewing skills.  Students can also pick up free Resume and Interviewing handbooks in MUB 39, Ocean Campus.  For help with resume writing and career fair preparation, students can come by or call the Career Development Center for career counseling services, (415)239-3117.

5. Evacuation Locations: A notice of next week's state-mandated evacuation drill was posted recently with information about evacuation sites on the police website. That information was missing from the police website, but it's attached to this message. Click on Assembly Area Evacuation Ocean 1.pdf to get a sense of where you need to go when the alarm sounds.

6. News from the Diego Rivera Mural Project: Our mural was recently cited on page 19 of the following article in The Atlantic:
http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/03/a-26-story-history-of-san-francisco/284467/

There was an article on Timothy Pflueger's 140 New Montgomery building which is featured in our mural. Pflueger is the architect of CCSF's Science Building.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/place/article/How-a-classic-S-F-building-was-resurrected-5332778.php#photo-6043197

7. Farewell Vic Fascio!: Our Dear Vic is retiring! Please click on the link Vics party flyer.pdf for more information about the where and when (and the Cake!). But don't delay, his party is Tuesday, March 25th!

Speech Tournament Wins.docx

Assembly Area Evacuation Ocean 1.doc

Vics party flyer.pdf