Scholarship Committee updates: URGENT

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: Scholarship Committee updates: URGENT
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 01:06:54 +0000

1.  We are  in need of a diverse group of faculty from different departments and disciplines to act as scholarship readers from student applicants.   You can fill in a short form and send it to Fred Teti, Academic President;

http://www.ccsf.edu/NEW/en/about-city-college/participatory_governance/academic-senate/documentsandforms.html

2.  All faculty: please consider writing letters of recommendation for deserving students being sure to make your letters relevant to their application

3.  There are a number of ongoing February informational workshops for students that are designed to help them through the application process and determine eligibility.  Please post the flyer included with this update and alert your students.

4.  PLEASE NOTE: THESE MATTERS ARE TIME SENSITIVE AND THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS MARCH 7th.

There is a lot of unclaimed scholarship money.  Let's do right by our students and get the word out.

If you have any questions please contact Ms. Gloria Saucedo of the Scholarship office or myself

Thanks!

Carole Toebe, Scholarship Committee Chair

--
Carole S. Toebe, PhD
Department of Biological Sciences

Office S318