Promoting Text Engagement for Content Mastery

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: Promoting Text Engagement for Content Mastery
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 23:26:23 +0000

The Basic Skills Committee is presenting a spring professional development workshops series on Promoting Text Engagement for Content Mastery.  This is a faculty led series.  Our first presenter will be Linda Legaspi, discussing recent articles and showing a short video about how learning and memory are related to studying and testing.  We will spend time thinking and talking about practical application to use of text in our classes.  Meetings are pot luck -- bring something to share!  For further information or to volunteer to share what you are doing in class that is helping your students engage with required texts, contact Elizabeth Zarubin Workshops will take place in BALT 511 Wednesday, Feb 5th 2014 from 2-4 pm Wednesday, Mar 5th 2014 from 2-4 pm Wednesday, Apr 9th 2014 from 2-4 pm Wednesday, May 7th 2014 from 2-4 pm