CCSF Faculty/Staff Outreach at BART Stations

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: CCSF Faculty/Staff Outreach at BART Stations
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 23:16:34 +0000

CCSF Faculty and Staff to Recruit at BART Stations

On Tuesday, January 7th, a cadre of City College faculty and staff are assembling at three different locations in town to entice BART riders to sign up for Spring Semester Classes. In addition to the major marketing efforts the college has undertaken, the faculty and staff of City College realize that sometimes the ‘personal touch’ makes all the difference when a prospective student needs a little encouragement to enroll.

Outreach tables with class schedules, information fliers and enrollment forms will be staffed from 7:00 AM to 6:30 PM on Tuesday in the Embarcadero and Montgomery BART stations and in front of the Ferry Building. Carol Reitan, Chair of the College’s Foreign Language Department, is spearheading this effort and said “We tried this for the Fall 2012 and Spring 2013 semesters and had some success. We received many positive comments and feel that being out among the people traveling to and through San Francisco helps keep our connections strong."

If you would like to participate in these efforts, please contact Carol Reitan, Chair of the Foreign Language Department (creitan@ccsf.edu or ext. 3030)

####