Work Study helps qualified CalWORKs students meet Welfare to Work activity requirements, gain valuable job training and skills, prepare for careers and earn money for educational expenses.
CalWORKs students participating in work study work an average of 15-20 hours a week in interesting positions on campus.
To be eligible for Work Study you must:
- Be currently receiving CalWORKs cash aid
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 9 units during Fall and Spring or 3 units in Summer
- Have an approved Education Plan
- Have Employment Specialist approval
- Have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA
If you are interested in our exciting Work Study opportunities or have any questions, please contact Senimele Ma'afu at (415) 452-5705.