Computer Labs for Classes
Teachers sometimes need to bring students into a computer lab even though their regular classroom is not a computer lab. Examples might be:
- A hands-on orientation for an online class
- A practice for an online research assignment
- A demo with hand-on practice for recommended online resources
There are two rooms on the Ocean campus that are set up for these needs.
Rosenberg Library 414
The Rosenberg R414 lab has 25 computers for students.
This room is available for faculty to reserve for their classes when online/Web resources are being covered.
In some cases, the instructor also schedules a librarian to make a presentation about appropriate academic online and on-site information resources, but many faculty schedule the room for their own purposes.
Procedure for reserving R414
- request the room directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- classes cannot be scheduled in this room for the entire semester
- faculty who have not used the room before need to get a 5 minute training
- no software can be loaded on the instructor station without first checking with Library Automation staff well ahead of the proposed class time
Batmale, Room 301 is also a classroom lab that can be scheduled by faculty. It has about 27 computers.
Visit L301 to reserve, or email Patrick Lee at plee @ccsf.edu with your request. Include:
- Date and time requested
- Class # and
- Section # and
- Software required (if software is not already installed, talk to Patrick at least a week before your class to see if installation is possible).
Hours are better than the Rosenberg classroom lab: Mon-Thurs 9AM-8PM; Friday 9AM-2PM