How to Apply
Admission to the Nutrition Assistant Program is based on the following:
- Graduation from an accredited high school, or have passed the G.E.D. test, or have passed the California High School Proficiency examination.
- Completion of the 1-unit pre-requisite course HLTH 170 - Introduction to Dietetics Profession with a grade of “C” or higher. (NOTE: All applicants to the program must enroll in HLTH 170 which is offered the first five weeks of the Fall semester. Upon admission to the program, the student will enroll in the other courses which start the sixth week of the same semester.)
Preferred Completed Courses/Experience:
- Recommended English proficiency level: placement in ENGL 90 or ESL 160, or completion of ESL 150 with a grade of “C” or higher.
- High school chemistry and biology
- Basic computer skills and basic math skills
- Experience working in health or nutrition in a community or hospital setting
Placement in Field Experience:
A negative TB test or chest X-ray is required before placement in field experience. Physical exam, vaccinations, and/or fingerprint clearance may also be required depending on the field experience site.