Alexandra M. Nickliss, Ph.D.
Office: Batmale Hall 670 (L670)
Phone: (415) 239-3283
- Ph.D., University of California at Davis
- M.A., San Jose State University
Areas of Interest
- Nineteenth and Early Twentieth Century U.S. Women's History
- Women's History
- Women and Power
- The West
- United States History Survey and Critical Thinking Twentieth
- History 1: Twentieth Century United States History
- History 12A: United States Women's History from Pre-history
to the 1880's
- History 12B: United States Women's History from 1880's to the
- History 17A: United States History from Native Americans to
- History 17B: United States History from 1877 to the Present
- "Phoebe Apperson Hearst's Gospel of Wealth, 1883-1901,"
Pacific Historical Review (forthcoming)
- "Where There's a Will, There's a Way": Phoebe
Apperson Hearst and the Path to Power (tentative title; book
manuscript in progress).
Awards and Achievements
- Organization of American Historians, Membership Committee.
- Western Association of Women Historians, Chair, Founders' Dissertation
- Commission on the Status of Women, San Francisco.
- Chair, Committee on the Status of Women, Academic Senate, Community
College of San Francisco, San Francisco, California.
- Lecturer, San Francisco State University, Department of History,
San Francisco, California.
- Alpha Gamma Sigma Honor Society, Omega Chapter, Award for Excellent
Teaching as voted by the students of City College of San Francisco.