Foundation Promise Overview
San Francisco's Free City and the State's California Promise programs are a wonderful start at delivering a great secondary education to all Californians by making community college tuition free. But free tuition is only a part of the cost of attending college. There's the high cost of rent, food, and transportation. Not to mention books or medical expenses. Enter the Foundation Promise Scholarship.
The Foundation Promise Program partners with the very successful Metro Transfer Academies.
Metro Transfer Academies (Metro) helps students stay on track at CCSF and finish their transfer requirements. Students receive academic counseling, access to a student resource room, tutoring, peer mentoring, and a grounding in social justice while developing strong academic skills. Metro students also receive priority registration.
- Awards a $10,000 merit scholarship
- Enrolls students as a cohort for 2 years (3 years maximum for STEM majors) beginning in each Fall
- Guarantees registration in required transfer courses
- Promotes transfer to 4-year colleges and universities
To be eligible, students must:
- Graduate from a San Francisco high school (public or private) in Spring 2021
- Possess a 2.75 cumulative, unweighted high school GPA (end of Fall 2020)
- Be transfer-bound
- Enroll as part of a Metro Transfer Academies cohort and complete within 2 years (3 years for STEM majors)
- Maintain a 2.75 GPA at CCSF
For each spring, we automatically consider students who apply for the Metro Transfer Academies will be a candidate for a Foundation Promise scholarship if he/she meets the minimum requirements.
To learn more about and to apply for admission into the Metro Transfer Academies, please visit:
www.ccsf.edu/metro (look for
the application link in the upper right-hand corner)
Priority will be given to first-generation college students and foster youth.