Kognito Interactive is an online training program designed to help you identify those that need help but might not know where to get it.
The training modules provide life-like scenarios that help develop
the skills needed to handle a variety of social and mental health
situations. While designed for use on campus, the training lessons
reach well beyond into everyday life.
6 Fully Interactive, Avatar-Based Training
Simulations: Build Skills Through Role-play
This suite of online trainings uses learner-specific practice conversations to build gatekeeper skills to identify, approach and refer students in distress.
Take on the role of a faculty/staff member or student, and practice helping a student in distress. The trainings are all online and can be completed in an hour or less.
At-Risk, Suicide Prevention and Gatekeeper Training for:
• Faculty & Staff to support students in distress.
• Student Leaders to support fellow students in distress.
Veterans on Campus, Military Cultural Competency and Gatekeeper
• Faculty & Staff to create a support campus for student veterans.
• Student Veterans to more effectively support their peers.
LGBTQ on Campus, Training to Build a Supportive Community for LGBTQ
• Faculty & Staff to create an inclusive environment for LGBTQ students.
• Students to create an inclusive environment for LGBTQ students.
Both At-Risk trainings, both LGBTQ on Campus trainings, and Veterans on Campus for Faculty & Staff are listed in the Suicide Prevention Resource Center/American Foundation for Suicide Prevention Best Practices Registry