Your medical records are confidential except under certain circumstances:
- You allow your medical information to be shared by other medical care providers you designate by signing a release of medical information form.
- There is a legal subpoena
- Certain communicable diseases must be reported like TB, Hepatitis, syphilis, meningitis, etc.
- If we are concerned that you are suicidal or homicidal we must report this for your own or public safety.
To have your medical records you need to do the following:
- You must sign a release of medical information at CCSF student health Services indicating where to send the information. There will be a cost for medical record copying and handing.
- Go to the medical offices where you want your medical records at CCSF to be sent and sign the release of medical information form and mail it with a check for requested amount.
- If you are out of state and need an immunization record for
school entrance, etc., send a check payable to City College of San
Francisco Student Health Services and send your:
- Full Name
- Student ID or Social Security Number
- Birth Date
- Complete name and address where you want this record sent.