Student Completion & Resources
We aim to serve as a bridge to connect students to academic counselors. The Student Completion tab will serve as an information hub for resources and services offered by City College of San Francisco to assist students in their academic and career pursuits. Working alongside with the Research and Planning Department to identify students who are close to completing their degrees or certificates, Course Completion aims to provide direct student support services. For more information please visit the Navigation Guide.
To further limit the potential of COVID-19 spreading within our local community, City College of San Francisco is temporarily suspending face to face student services and instruction. Many services are still accesible via remote and online platforms.
CCSF Remote Resources
Students, please utilize this guide to support you during online CCSF services and instruction. The CCSF Virtual Campus will be continuously updated throughout the campus closure. It will be more up to date than the Masterlist of Student Resources/Services. Please contact Maica Porcadas for any questions or inquries.
Have an immediate need for student resources or services? You can either fill out the form (red box below) requesting the resources you are seeking, or you can set up an appointment to meet with me 1-on-1.
For 1-on-1 appointments, we can:
- Work together to create a personalized student resource list specific to your academic or career needs in order to build your support network while at City College
- View completion tools to help support you and keep you on track of your goals
- Talk about the Digital Literacy Project (DLP) and the ways in which we can help be of support with some technology-related inquiries. For more information on the DLP please see the section below
The Digital Literacy Project (DLP)
DLP is focused on providing students with resources on accessing and using technology for academic success. Our three main services are:
1) Workshops to support with academic success and preparation for a tech-driven world
2) Laptops for: 4-hour checkouts or 1-week rentals
3) Canvas System learning to support students enrolled in Hybrid Courses
STAR Review: LAD Newsletter
The Learning Assistance Department (LAD) has just published their first newsletter! The STAR Review will provide students with the latest news, views, and announcements from their department and programs. Give it a read to learn about the differenst service and benefits they have to offer.
STAR Review Newsletter (PDF)