The mission of the Multicultural Retention Services Department (MRSD) is to provide comprehensive, culturally specific, multilingual education programs and services that promote successful learning and student achievement in a multiculturally sensitive environment.
Our primary mission is to operate four distinct programs:
- African American Scholastic Programs
- Asian Pacific American Student Success Program
- Latino Services Network
- TULAY/Filipino American Student Success Program
that provide retention services leading to:
- Transfer to baccalaureate institutions
- Attainment of Associate Degrees in Arts and Sciences
- Acquisition of certificates and career skills
- Successful transition of students from Basic Skills and English as a Second Language to college-level proficiency
- Improved access and persistence of MRSD targeted student populations
In addition, MRSD, collaborates with academic departments and commity-based organizations to offer other programs and services consistent with our primary mission.
Current program outcomes:
- After the orientation, students will have a greater understanding on how to register for their classes.
Program outcomes not currently assessed: Outcomes have completed a "full-loop" cycle and improvements have been implemented.
- After the initial counseling session, the student will be able to recognize the purpose of the educational plan.
- Students who have been active in our program for at least a semester will be aware of services available to them in the Retention Programs and will be able to access them to support meeting their educational goals.