The mission of the Multicultural Retention Services Department (MRSD) is to provide comprehensive, culturally specific, multilingual education programs and services that promote successful learning and student achievement in a multiculturally sensitive environment.
Our primary mission is to operate four distinct programs:
- African American Scholastic Programs
- Asian Pacific American Student Success Program
- Latino Services Network
- TULAY/Filipino American Student Success Program
that provide retention services leading to:
- Transfer to baccalaureate institutions
- Attainment of Associate Degrees in Arts and Sciences
- Acquisition of certificates and career skills
- Successful transition of students from Basic Skills and English as a Second Language to college-level proficiency
- Improved access and persistence of MRSD targeted student populations
In addition, MRSD, collaborates with academic departments and commity-based organizations to offer other programs and services consistent with our primary mission.
Current program outcomes:
- After the initial counseling session, the student will be able to recognize the purpose of the educational plan.
- Students who have been active in our program for at least a semester will be aware of services available to them in the Retention Programs and will be able to access them to support meeting their educational goals.
These program areas have completed a "full-loop" cycle and improvements have been implemented. See"Data Archives" for details. Spring 2014 Assessment Review has details on Ed Plans & Fall 2013 Assessment Review has details on Program Services.