Academic Counseling Services
Academic Counseling Services has a staff of professional counselors with extensive experience in college counseling. Their backgrounds include career, academic and personal counseling.
Within the Continuing Student Counseling Department, we strive to assist students to develop skills to succeed in college, graduate, earn certificates, transfer, and to create and to maintain meaningful careers. Additionally, we endeavor to assist students to reflect on and articulately express their thoughts, values, skills, and interests, and to contribute to society in meaningful ways. To this end, our program of counseling services and courses will guide students to:
- Apply self-assessment information to academic and career exploration.
- Construct and take proactive steps to manage and overcome academic and personal obstacles.
- Compare and contrast college majors and transfer institutions thoroughly before making a decision.
- Identify and analyze their rights and responsibilities.
- Investigate ways to contribute to society.
- Apply research skills while taking action to create academic, career, and life options.
- Recognize and value diversity within themselves and among others.
Counseling Services are an essential part of the mission of City College of San Francisco. These services include:
- Academic counseling for course/major selection
- Career/vocational guidance
- Referral to on and off-campus resources
Educational Plans for:
- Certificate Programs
- Associate of Arts, Associate of Science & Associate Degrees for Transfer
- Transfer to four year universities and colleges
Please call: (415) 452-5235 to make an appointment with any of our counselors.