Our orientations occur in a group setting and provides an overview of the following key components:
Key components include:
- Eligibity Documentation Requirements
- Academic Expectations and Progress Standards
- Priority Registration Requirements
- BOGG Waiver Eligibility
- Academic Calendar and Deadlines
- Registration and College Fees
- Educational Planning and Counseling Services
- Campus Resources and CalWORKs Staff Overview
CalWORKs students participate in two assessments
- Needs Assessment
- Job Readiness Assessment
Academic Counseling and Educational Planning
CalWORKs students are required to meet with a CalWORKs Counselor twice a semester to discuss academic performance and additional supportive services if needed. In these sessions, the following plans are developed.
Students are required to meet with a CalWORKs Counselor twice a semester.
- Abbreviated Educational Plan
- One year educational plans are created during the students first counseling appointment in the program.
- Comprehensive Educational Plan
- Two to three year educational plans are developed during the students second counseling appointment in the program.
- On going contact is required to ensure goal completion.
Case Management and Follow Up
- Intake and Eligibilty Determination
- Student Case Filing
- On-going Contact: Supporting Student Success
- At Risk Follow Up
- Student Recognition