Our orientation provides an overview of the key academic components necessary for student success.
Key components include:
- Academic Expectations and Progress Standards
- Priority Registration Requirements
- Pre and Core Requisite/Challenge Process
- BOGG Waiver Eligibility
- Campus Programs and Resource Services
- Academic Calendar and Timeline
- Registration and College Fees
- Educational Planning and Counseling Services
CalWORKs students participate in three assessments
- Pascal Assessment
- Program Needs Assessment
- Job Readiness Assessment
Academic Counseling and Educational Planning
CalWORKs students are required to meet with a CalWORKs Counselor twice a semester to discuss academic performance and additional supportive services if needed. In these sessions, the following plans are developed.
Students are required to meet with a CalWORKs Counselor twice a semester.
- Abbreviated Educational Plan
- One year educational plans are created during the students first counseling appointment in the program.
- Comprehensive Educational Plan
- Two to three year educational plans are developed during the students second counseling appointment in the program.
- On going contact is required to ensure goal completion.
Comprehensive Case Management
- Intake and Eligibilty Determination
- Student Case Filing
- On-going Contact: Supporting Student Success
- At Risk Follow Up
- Student Recognition