What is the price breakdown per test?
In California, the 2014 GED test, including all the standard elements of the 2014 GED program, costs $35 per each of the 4 modules for a total of $140. The price that test-takers pay is set by jurisdictions, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
Do students have to pay for all of the tests at once?
GED Testing Service has no requirement that test-takers pay for all tests at one time. One of the advantages of the 2014 GED program is the flexibility that it allows test-takers to register and take only the subjects for which they are prepared, instead of testing on a schedule that is built primarily for the convenience of the test administrator.
Students can take sections of the new GED test in any order they want to. Do they pay as they go?
Yes, one advantage of the computer-based registration and scheduling system is that students can register, schedule, and pay for only those parts of the test that they are ready to take.
If I don’t pass, how long do I have to wait before taking the test again?
There’s no wait period in California for people who didn’t pass the first time. You can take the test again whenever you’re ready.
However, we encourage you receive additional instruction in the classroom or try your hand at a practice test before you re-test.
How much does it cost to retake the test? Can I retake the test for free?
GED Testing Service offers a discounted retake program for all GED® test-takers. According to the program’s policy, you are eligible for:
- Two discounted retakes for each subject area taken
- GED Testing Service fees are waived every retake ($20 per subject area test)
- You must schedule retakes one at a time for the discount to apply
- Discounted retakes cannot be combined with any other discounts
- Retakes must occur within 12 calendar months of your initial attempt
- After your two discounted retakes, you will need to wait at least 60 days, pay the full retake price and then you will receive two more discounted retakes
Sign up for your next test now at https://ged.com/.