The LEARNING ASSISTANCE department follows the CCSF assessment process as documented on the Outcomes Assessment Reporting website.
Additional Department Outcomes Assessment Process
Robust discussion and dialogue influences decision making at every junction during our student learning outcome process.
- Faculty and classified staff develop, continually review and revise, our Mission Statement.
- Faculty and classified staff revisit, and continually review and revise, Student Learning and Service Outcomes and assessments annually.
- Department chair and faculty revise SLOs in official course outlines regularly. Each faculty places SLOs for course onto course syllabus.
- Faculty who teach same courses meet regularly to decide on comprehensive assessments, collect and analyze data from assessments, institute changes to the course, and write assessment reports that are updated regularly. This process includes the sharing of syllabi, group discussions, creation of assessment rubrics, survey development, and writing of assessment of results.
- Faculty who teach the only section of a course complete assessments alone, but discuss the course with other faculty in the department.
CCSF Institutional Learning Outcomes - ILOs
Student Service Learning Outcomes
- After receiving Learning Assistance Center services, students will be able to apply gained skills to improve success in their academic courses.
- After providing tutoring services to CCSF
students, peer tutors will have improved professional skills.
SSO/SLOs for Writing Success Project
Students who receive services from the Learning Assistance Center’s Writing Success Project will be able to:
1. Demonstrate personal responsibility for learning.
2. Demonstrate skills for working cooperatively in groups.
3. Employ CCSF resources to facilitate academic achievement.
Learning Assistance Discipline Program Outcomes
Our programs are on a regular cycle of review, during which outcomes are updated and revised. For our Instructional side, Course SLOs are mapped to Program Outcomes (PLOs). Program Outcomes are mapped to ILOs. Mappings and program information are recorded in reports in CurricUNET. Programs are also fully described in the catalog. For our Services side, Program Outcomes are mapped to ILOs as shown below:
Course-level SLOs are recorded in the official course outline of record in CurricUNET. Course outlines are on a regular cycle of review, during which class outcomes are updated and revised.