The LEARNING ASSISTANCE DEPARTMENT
Outcomes Assessment Process
Robust discussion and dialogue influences decision making at every junction during our student learning outcome process.
- Faculty and classified staff develop, continually review and revise, our Mission Statement.
- Faculty and classified staff revisit, and continually review and revise, Student Learning and Service Outcomes and assessments annually.
- Department chair and faculty revise SLOs in official course outlines regularly. Each faculty places SLOs for course onto course syllabus.
- Faculty who teach same courses meet regularly to decide on comprehensive assessments, collect and analyze data from assessments, institute changes to the course, and write assessment reports that are updated regularly. This process includes the sharing of syllabi, group discussions, creation of assessment rubrics, survey development, and writing of assessment of results.
- Faculty who teach the only section of a course complete assessments alone, but discuss the course with other faculty in the department.
CCSF Institutional Learning Outcomes - ILOs
- Displine PSLOs (connected to our courses and curriculum) are mapped within CurricUNET curriculum module -- Program Outcome Report
Service SSOs (connected to our services, including the
Writing Success Project) -- ILO Mapping Spreadsheet (coming
Student Service Learning Outcomes - SLOs for WSP
Students who receive services from the Learning Assistance Center’s Writing Success Project will be able to:
1. Demonstrate personal responsibility for learning.
2. Apply study strategies to academic courses.
3. Examine and demonstrate critical analysis techniques.
4. Demonstrate skills for working cooperatively in groups.
5. Employ CCSF resources to facilitate academic achievement.
6. Recognize and appreciate diversity in themselves and others.
Learning Assistance Discipline - PLOs
Course outlines are on a regular cycle of review, during which class outcomes are updated and revised. For assessment details and timelines see links for progress reports in right side column.
|LERN 10 -- Introduction to Tutoring|
|LERN 50 -- College Success (GE Area A Mapping)|
|LERN 51 -- College Success Basics
|LERN 52A -- Specific Study Strategies|
|LERN 52B -- Specific Study Strategies|
|LERN 53 -- Test Prep: Standarized Exams|
|LERN 53A CBEST English|
|LERN 53B CBEST Math|
|LERN 53C CSET English|
| LERN 53D CSET Math
|LERN 55 -- Successful Online Learning|
|LERN 1000 -- Supervised Tutoring|