LAC Computer Lab
"What is the best resource at City? The LAC open-access
Computer Lab. With the help of experienced friendly tutors,
students can improve their computer skills while completing their
assignments or checking their e-mail. Because it is located within
the Rosenberg Library, it is extremely easy to access and the fees
are paid as part of the registration process!"
Bob Miller, student
The LAC Computer Lab is City College of San Francisco's largest open-access computer lab provides free computer access for all registered CCSF students and is located in the Learning Assistance Center, Room 207, on the 2nd floor of the Rosenberg Library.
Computer Lab Assistant Job Description
Lab assistant’s responsibilities in the Learning Assistance Center
Computer Labs include: registering first time students in the lab,
assigning students to appropriate computer stations; tutoring basic
hardware and software operations so the students may effectively use
computers for their academic success, and providing general
orientation to the students about Learning Assistance Center related
This is a part-time position with a maximum of 15 hours per week. Competitive salary of $14/hour and a flexible schedule to balance responsibilities.
Computer Lab Assistant Qualifications
All Computer Lab Assistant applicants should meet the minimum qualifications below:
- Current student enrolled at CCSF for the minimum of 6 units/semester (international students need to review SHEP requirements)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Reliable and able to support the philosophy and mission of the Learning Assistance Center.
- Strong communication
- Ability to work well with and support diverse student population at CCSF.
- Will be required to
take an assessment test.
- Will be required to participate in the Computer Lab Assistant training session.
Computer Lab Assistant Application Process
- All applicants for student worker positions must complete the
Hiring Eligibility Process” (SHEP) prior to their first day of
work. The LAC cannot hire you until you have completed this process
and we encourage you to begin this process early as it takes
- When LAC Computer Lab is in the hiring process
there is an open online application that you may complete: LAC
Employment Application. You may also inquire for the paper
copies of application at the LAC Computer Lab Counter if needed.
When application is not accessible - the hiring process is
- If you submitted your online application
then you will be contacted by the Computer Lab Manager who will
schedule a computer test and then a possible interview for