The Language Center's Student Learning Outcomes (SLO) assessment process is documented and described below. For more details, please view the rest of our program website.
Our program is on a regular cycle of review, during which outcomes
are updated and revised. See program details below. For assessment
details and timelines see links for progress reports in right side
Language Center Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
Students who use the CCSF Language Center will be able to:
- Build understanding of, appreciation for, and sensitivity to
diverse peoples and cultures by practicing languages and acquiring
- Develop academic and computer
literacy, including enhanced proficiency in written, oral, and
visual communication, by exercising stamina and persistence in their
use of sophisticated language-learning software and websites.
- Build foundations and enhance skills by developing their
awareness of individual and social responsibilities, including,
- taking charge of their own language learning;
- identifying their individual learning style;
- assuming accountability for appropriate behavior
in a public academic space;
- developing intercultural competence.