How to Apply for Financial Aid
2. Select the IRS Data Match on your FAFSA application in order to expedite the processing of your financial aid file.
3. AB540 eligible students who are not eligible for federal aid may apply for state aid by completing the California Dream Act application.
4. Approximately 72 hours after submitting the on-line FAFSA, you will receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) to the email you have provided on your FAFSA application. This email is from the Department of Education. Review your SAR carefully. The SAR summarizes the information you provided on the FAFSA and will inform you if your applicant is complete, estimated EFC, and if you are selected for verification.
5. Once CCSF, Financial Aid Office receives your FAFSA application into the college’s system, this can take 2 weeks after submitting your application to the Department of Education; you will receive an email sent to your CCSF GMAIL email address.
6. If you are selected for verification, go to your WEB4 student portal link. Log in to view what documentation is needed. Complete the verification process.
7. If you are NOT selected for verification you will not be required to submit any documentation to the Financial Aid Office. You may however have required documents on WEB4 to read and accept.
8. When all documents show “Satisfied” under all your required documentation your awards will be ready to view under the Award Tab. An Award letter will be emailed to your CCSF GMAIL email address.
9. Be prepared to pay upfront for textbooks, supplies, and other fees until your financial aid eligibility is finalized.
The school code for City College of San Francisco is: