Types of Aid
- Federal Pell Grant: available to undergraduate students only. This is a grant, which does not have to be repaid. The maximum pell is $5,645.00 for 2013-2014 academic year. Students with a bachelor degree or higher are not eligible for pell grant.
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG): awarded at CCSF to students who demonstrate exceptional financial need is $200 per academic year.
- Federal Work Study (FWS): provides jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay educational expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the student's course of study. If the student works off campus, the employer will usually be a private non-profit organization or a public agency, and the work performed must be in the public interest. The amount earned cannot exceed student's total Federal Work-Study award.
- Federal Perkins Loan: awarded at CCSF to the neediest students and will range from $200 to $1500 per academic year. A student may borrow a cumulative total of $20,000 throughout his undergraduate career including a maximum of $8,000 while at City College. The Federal Perkins loan comes with a 5% interest, to be repaid six to nine months after the student borrower drops below halftime, withdraws, graduate or leaves school. A loan may be cancelled in part or entirely under certain circumstances. The minimum repayment per year is $480 or more depending on the loan amount. See Federal Perkins Loan Processing
- Federal Direct Loans (subsidized and/or unsubsidized): Please check Loans for more details.
- Study Abroad:
Students enrolled in a program of study abroad approved for credit may be considered enrolled at the home institution for the purpose of applying for assistance under the title IV, HEA programs.
For California residents only:
- Board of Governors Fee Waiver (for enrollment fees only). Please go to Forms page for Board of Governors Fee Waiver information and application.
- State Cal Grants A, B, and C: See CSAC web site for more information
- Chafee Grant: please see California Chafee Grant for Foster Youth
For non-residents of California:
- State Cal Grants A, B, and C for AB540 students under the California Dream Act: