Domestic Transcript Evaluation
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What is the purpose of a domestic transcript evaluation?
- Determines how many transfer units CCSF will accept from the student’s other institutions
- Determines whether classes completed at CCSF and other institutions fulfill general education areas for the associate’s degree
- The domestic transcript evaluation is separate from the international transcript evaluation. Please contact the graduation department at email@example.com or 415-239-3840 for questions regarding international transcripts.
- The transcript evaluation does not determine prerequisites, major and transfer requirements. Students should schedule an appointment with a counselor to determine how a student should use their transcript(s) and to complete an educational plan
Which schools does CCSF accept transfer units from?
We accept transfer credits from postsecondary schools with the following regional accreditation commissions:
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges (MSA)
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
What are the requirements to have my transcript(s) evaluated?
- A student must currently be enrolled in classes or have completed at least one CCSF course.
- All official transcripts from each school attended must be turned into the Office of Admissions and Records.
- A domestic transcript evaluation form must be filled out and submitted in person or with a photo ID to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long does the evaluation take?
The evaluation will take approximately 2-4 weeks to process and will be emailed to the email address listed on the evaluation form. Students may opt to receive a copy through the mail if noted on the evaluation form.
I want my credits tranferred in to meet prerequisites for classes I want to take. Do I complete the transcript evaluation?
Please note that the domestic transcript evaluation does not determine prerequisites. It is for the sole purpose of obtaining an associate's degree from CCSF.
Please visit the matriculation office or website for more details.