Office of Student Affairs & Wellness:
The mission of Student Advocacy is to provide an informal process in
which students can request advocacy for concerns regarding fairness,
respect for differences, and reasonable solutions for students within
the college guidelines.
What is Advocacy?
Student Advocacy is a confidential, impartial, and informal resource designed to assist the student community in managing and resolving specific concerns.
Standards of Practice
We provide a safe, calm, and professional setting in which students can feel comfortable to address specific concerns. The guiding principiles that we follow are:
- Confidentiality - We do not share any information provided to
us unless there is imminent risk of serious harm.
- Impartiality - Our goal is to assist all parties involved reach
a mutual understanding, not take sides.
- Informal - Use of this service is not a formal step of any protocol. The student's participation is voluntary.
How We Help
We esure that there is a fair and equitable process in place to
advocate for students as well as protect student due process. Our
office can assist in hearing specific concerns & reccomending next
steps depending on the type of process the student should follow.
Student Advocacy DOES:
- Listen impartially and provide unbiased feedback
- Provide confidential methods to address concerns
- Refer students to appropriate services and resources
- Foster resolutions to deescalate conflict
- Mediate between individuals/groups
- Empower students to adress their concerns
- Assist with communication skills
Student Advocacy DOES NOT:
- Advocate for individuals or take sides
- Serve as an office of notifications
- Provide legal counsel
- Share information without permission
- Maintain confidentiality when there is imminent risk of harm or danger
- Conduct any formal investigating/reporting
policies or make decisions regarding outcomes