Mission Campus Outcomes
Students who complete classes at the Mission Campus will:
- Experience a clean, comfortable, friendly and secure environment to support learning and success.
- Have access to quality programs, classes, and services to support and enhance their educational success.
- Receive reliable and factual information in a timely manner from a one-stop student services center.
Mission Campus Student Learning Outcomes (SLO) Process
City College of San Francisco’s Mission Campus systematically assesses services and programs using outcomes, program reviews, faculty, staff, student input, and other appropriate measures in order to improve the effectiveness of these services and programs.
The new College SLO Handbook, created by the Academic Senate, now
includes a section on instructional in addition to non-instructional
SLOs. This will guide faculty in developing and implementing Office of
Instruction SLO’s and Student Services SLOs. The entire handbook will
be of particular use at the Mission Campus to those student services
programs that have both instructional and counseling components as
well as instructional programs.
In an effort to comply with the WASC standards, the Mission Campus Student Learning Outcomes committee worked collaboratively with other City College of San Francisco centers to coordinate the development of the SLO’s, as well as a central, online repository. Additionally, the Mission Center website provides up-to-date and consistent information on Student Learning Outcomes.
Currently, the Mission Campus process, in the Sustainable Continuous Quality Improvement (SCQI) stage of Learning Outcomes, consists of the following:
- Meet with other Campus Deans;
- Meet with Campus Coordinators;
- Meet with Mission Campus Associated Students;
- Review the Mission Outcomes thus far;
- Identify progress toward Learning Outcomes;
- Development of Learning Outcomes;
- Integrate Learning Outcomes timeline;
- Complete measurement tool in English and Spanish; and
Please click this link to retrieve additional information regarding the WASC standards for Student Learning Outcomes.