To start a chat, type your question or message in box below.
Desks and tables are available in open areas of each library for individual study, on a first-come, first-served basis.
QUIET STUDY seating in the Rosenberg Library is on the east end of the third and fifth floors.
Group Study Rooms
Rosenberg, Chinatown, Downtown, John Adams, and Mission Center Libraries have group study rooms.
- Only students may reserve group study rooms.
- Groups must be two or more students, rooms are not for individual use.
- Room size is limited (see specific location for limits).
- Rooms are not soundproof, so while talking is permitted, noise must be limited.
- Library-wide policies on cell phone use, food and drink apply to group study rooms.
Chinatown, John Adams and Mission Libraries: Ask at the Circulation Desk at each Library.
Rosenberg Library, Ocean Campus - Self-Booking on the Web:
- Click on the shortcut below or go to CityCat, the Library Catalog and
search for "Rosenberg Library group study room".
- Click the Book Room button under the title
- Enter your name and barcode (on your student ID card)
- Select a starting date and time and click Submit. (A calendar shows hours of availability.)
- On the list of available
rooms displayed, click the button next to a room number. NOTE
the room number listed in the Call Number column.
- Scroll down, select an end time, and click submit. 2 hours per
day per group is the maximum time allowed.
confirmation screen will show the Room Number you have selected at
the top, and the time you have chosen in bold letters at the end of
the list of reservations. Note the Room number and time of your reservation.
Please cancel your room booking if you cannot use it, or if you leave a room early, to make rooms available to other students.
Chinatown, Downtown, John Adams and Mission Libraries: Contact the Circulation Desk at the Library where your booking is.
Rosenberg Library, Ocean Campus
- Log into your library record using the Renew your books link that can also be found on the Library home page.
- Enter your name and barcode to log in.
- Look for the button labeled "Future Bookings" in the left column and click it.
- Select the cancel buttons and confirm your cancellation.
REMEMBER TO LOG OUT of your library record.