To chat with a CCSF librarian, introduce yourself in the space below and click Chat!
Assignment Development Advice Useful tips for integrating library research into assignments with links to authentic CCSF assignments from several departments.
Librarian Liaisons to CCSF Depts/Programs Locate the librarian who assists your department or program in:
- developing/revising effective research-based assignments
- ordering materials to support curriculum
- planning and teaching customized workshops to support resource-based assignments
- consulting about setting up Reading Lists for specific classes in the online catalog
- putting textbooks and other materials on reserve for classes
Customized Class Presentations Bring your class to the library lab or a librarian will come to your classroom to help prepare students for research-based assignments.
ESL Services Learn about collections, tours and services for ESL courses.
Research Skills/Information Competency Workshops Seven workshops students complete out of class, covering use of major online search tools, evaluating information and citing information; most are available online.
Information Competency/Research Skills Instruction
- Distance and Off Campus Services Contact the Distance Learning librarian for more information (415)452-5430
- Interlibrary Loan Contact the librarian who is liaison to your department to find out how to obtain books and journal articles not in the CCSF Library collections
- Obtaining a Library Card Staff or faculty members may obtain a faculty/staff photo ID at Registration offices at the Ocean Campus/centers, such as Smith Hall, room 118, on the Ocean Campus