Books & Other Library Materials
Search OneSearch, the library's discovery tool, to find books, ebooks, DVDs, streaming videos, music CDs, scores, as well as journal, magazine and news articles.
Search OneSearch for materials in the CCSF Libraries
To search the catalog using the exact title, author or call number ...
- Select the search option (ex. Title) and enter the information.
- Click on the title to see the library record for the item, which shows the location, call number and availability (status).
LOCATION CALL #
Rosenberg/ 5th Floor Circ. HV6432 .B625 2008 On the shelf
To search for materials on a specific topic ...
- Try searching the topic as a Keyword, then browse the list of titles for useful items.
- In the individual records for useful titles, use the Subject links to find other related resources.
- Search OneSearch to
find the item.
- Click on "Retrieve Catalog
- Click on "Request" button from the item record screen.
- Enter your name and CCSF ID card barcode number.
- Choose your pickup location from the drop-down menu.
- Optional: Enter the date by which to cancel the request if not filled.
- Click “Submit.
Can't find an available copy?
If the CCSF Libraries do not have an item you need, you may be able to find it elsewhere.
- Try searching the San Francisco Public Library catalog.
- If neither the CCSF
or public libraries have your title, then try searching Link+.
(Link+ is a cooperating libraries program that the San Francisco Public Library participates in. If your book is available at a participating library, it can be sent to the San Francisco public library you choose for pickup. This usually takes 3-4 days. You must have a public library card to use this service.)
- If you cannot find your book using Link+, please ask a reference librarian for help.