To start a chat, type your question or message in box below.
Food for Fines
Donate food & reduce library fines!
CCSF Library accepts food in place of money for some overdue items. This saves students money but also helps provide food for students who are food insecure. Food is accepted at all libraries and is donated to the HARTS program based at Ocean Campus.
Here is how it works:
- Food can be used to pay for returned overdue items from the CCSF circulating collection during the current semester.
- Each donated item reduces your fine by $4.
- Food cannot
be used for:
- Lost books or replacement charges
- Overdue course reserves
- LINK+ fines
- Fines for laptops, calculators or other technology
- Food items:
- Food should have nutritional value and be relatively healthy - popular items include tuna fish, nuts, vegetables, pasta, rice, beans, fruit, nut butters, soups
- Food items must weigh at least 6 ounces
- Food must be clearly labeled, unopened, undamaged, unexpired and non-perishable
The Library will also accept donations from anyone without fines.