Dual Enrollment FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions


Do I have to attend the MANDATORY orientation?
Yes, students that do not attend the MANDATORY orientation will not be allowed to register. Orientations take place the second week of August for Fall and the second week of January for Spring.

Will I get high school credit for the classes I take at CCSF?
You will receive college credit for coursework taken at CCSF. Your high school will determine whether or not to give you high school credit for your CCSF course(s); please check with your high school counselor and let them know you are enrolled in a college course.

Can I enroll in more than one class?
If you have a 2.0 GPA and have completed more than 120 high school credits, you can enroll in a maximum of 3 units per semester. If you have a 2.0 GPA and have completed 204 high school credits, you can enroll in a maximum of 6 units per semester.

What do I do if I want to take an additional class?
Attend the first class meeting in order to see if seats are available in your preferred course. Then follow steps on “How to Add a Class” (Steps to Enroll page) of your Dual Enrollment Booklet. *The class you are adding must be listed on your principal consent form. If it is not, you will need to submit a revised principal consent form. Contact your CCSF counselor for assistance*

What if I want to take a City College class that isn’t listed in this book?
You will need to locate your desired course in the CCSF Class Schedule and list the course number and course on your parent/principal consent form. Then you will need to attend the first class meeting to see if there are seats available and follow the steps to ADD a class listed under the Steps to Enroll page of your booklet. We will not provide textbooks for classes outside of this book and please note that high school students have last priority when it comes to enrolling in college courses not listed in this book. PE classes are not open to high school students.

What do I do if I no longer wish to take a class?
If you received notification that you are enrolled/or are on your instructor's class list you, will need to complete a “SPECIAL H.S. DROP” form (have your ID # handy). You must drop the class by the drop deadline to avoid getting a “W” or an "F" on your transcript. If you are sure you were never enrolled and did not officially add the class, you do not need to do anything.

Do I have to pay for the required textbooks? 
Dual Enrollment students are LOANED the CCSF textbook. Students must follow the mandatory guidelines: Students must submit all required documents on time, attend orientation, and the first day of class where they will be given the textbook. During finals week, students will be notified of a special schedule and drop-off location to return books. Students are required to return the textbook. If textbooks are not received, students will be billed for the cost and will not be allowed to enroll in future courses.

How do I access my student account (grades & schedule)?
1) Go to www.ccsf.edu
2) Click on myCCSF
3) Click on Web4
Your username is your Student ID#; your pin is your six-digit date of birth (MM/DD/YY)

Once classes are over, how do I get my transcripts?

Unofficial Transcripts are available through Web4. You can login to Web4 via www.ccsf.edu, click on the myCCSF icon. Official Transcripts can now be requested through Web4 as well, the first two ever requested are free.

*For more answers to FAQ's visit: www.ccsf.edu/academy or email your CCSF Counselor*