CCSFmail is the official student email account used at the City College of San Francisco.
City College of San Francisco automatically creates CCSFmail accounts for all students. Beginning November 1, 2012 all official CCSF communications will be sent to this account and not to any other email accounts.
The benefits of CCSFmail to students are:
- A lifetime email address, a reliable, secure email service, and a powerful anti-spam service
- 7 GB of storage space
- Useful collaboration tools such as Google Docs, and web-based tools such as word processing, spreadsheets and presentations
- Access to calendaring, tasks, and scheduling features
- The .edu address entitles you to educational discounts to software, etc.
College Use of Email
Email shall be considered the primary mechanism for delivering official communication by CCSF to students. The College retains the right to send official communication via email to the official CCSFmail email addresses of students with the full expectation that those communications will be received and read in a timely fashion.
It is recognized that certain communications may be time-sensitive, and therefore, students are expected to check their email on a frequent and consistent basis in order to stay current with College communications. Although you can easily forward your CCSFmail to another account (see below), forwarding is not always reliable. The best way to ensure that you get all your CCSF email is to actively use your CCSFmail account. It's yours for life.
Official CCSF communications contain information that students must have in order to conduct business with the College and for which they will be held accountable. Examples of official communication can include, but are not limited to:
- Web registration date
- Testing and pre-requisite information
- Financial Aid information
- Online class access
- Knowledge of information mandated by federal, state or local laws
- Library materials reminders
- Faculty communication to students
Faculty Use of Email
Email shall be considered an appropriate means for official communication by faculty with students. As such, faculty can require students to check their CCSFmail email on a specific and/or regular schedule.
Student Use of email
Once a student receives a CCSFmail email account, all official communication from the College shall be directed to that account. Students are expected to check their CCSF email account on a frequent and consistent basis.
Students who choose to have their CCSFmail email forwarded to a private, unofficial email address (e.g., hotmail.com, yahoo.com, etc.) that is outside the college network address (ccsf.edu) do so at their own risk. The College is not responsible for any difficulties that may occur in the proper or timely transmission or access of email forwarded to any unofficial e-mail address.
Frequently Asked Questions
City College automatically creates an email address for you when you apply.
You get two messages sent to the email address you supplied City College on your application.
- The first message contains your CCSFmail address and the URL used to access mail.
- The second email contains the initial password for your CCSFmail account.
How can I find my CCSFmail address?
There are two ways to find out your CCSFmail address:
1: Look at the emails sent to the email address you supplied City College on your application.
2: Open the CCSF web site and click MyCCSF:
- Under the For Students column, click Web4 and log on (This is the same system WebStars uses for registration into classes).
- Go to the Personal Information page. Your CCSFmail address will be displayed along with the initial password.
- Open a web browser (such as IE, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome). Use this URL: https://mail.google.com/a/mail.ccsf.edu
You will be asked for your Username and password.
- You can also get to your email logon page from the main CCSF webpage:
Click on My CCSF
Look under For Students. Scroll down to the bottom and click on GMail (CCSF Google email).
The first time you access your CCSFmail account, you have to choose a password.
Please enter the password twice, once in the Choose a password box and then in the Re-enter password box.
- If you want the menus displayed in a language other than English, select the language you want.
- Finally, type in the characters you see in the box
- If you agree with the terms and conditions of usage, press I Accept.
- Click the Create my Account button and you can begin using your CCSFmail account.
- If you do not agree to the terms and conditions, press the Cancel button and an email account will not be created for you.
If you are unable to remember your password, you can log-on to Web4. Use the steps shown below to reset your GMail password: change the password to one that you can remember. Use this new password to log-on to your CCSFmail account. Remember, you are changing your CCSFmail password, NOT your WEB4 password.
The steps to do this are:
- Open www.ccsf.edu
- Click the MyCCSF link (top right).
- Look under For Students. Click Web4 and log in.
- Click the Personal Information link
- Click the Google Student Email link
- Click the Reset Password button. The new password will display in a few seconds. Use it to log into your CCSFmail account until you change it (see previous instructions).
Your CCSFmail account is where the college will send all your official City College email: registration dates and details, announcements, etc. It is important that you read these email.
Also as more features become available you will be able to use the various applications, called Google Apps, attached to the start page.
The best way to ensure that you receive all CCSF communications is to use your CCSFmail. Because forwarding email is not reliable, CCSF does not recommend it. If you choose to forward, making sure that you receive and read all CCSF messages is your responsibility. If you want to go ahead with forwarding, here's how:
No, once a mail message is deleted, we are unable to recover it.
Yes, call 239-3987 during business hours. Email help is available at email@example.com
In order to change your password you must:
- Logon to your CCSFmail account
- Click the Gear icon (top right)
- Click on the Settings link
- Select the Accounts tab
- Click the Google Account Settings link
- On the far left, click the Security link
- Click the Change Password link
- Follow the instructions: Password must contain at least six characters, of which at least one must be a number.
- Click Save or your changes won't stick!