Frequently Asked Questions
Help Desk Hours
24 hours per day
On Campus dial 611 or 3711
1. How do I access the CCSF Wi-Fi Network? How do I sign up?
You need to sign up a WiFi account first before connecting to the CCSF Wireless Network. You get more details from our Sign Up page. Once a user account is created, there is a two-step process to connect to the Internet:
- After you have created your account connect the device (laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.) to the new “CCSF Wireless” AP with WPA Key/Password: “freewireless4all”;
- Then, just open
any web browser on your device, and you will be connected to a
“Welcome Page” that requires you to provide your username
(employee/student ID) and password (created by you when you register
the new WiFi).
- Laptop, notebook, or WiFi-enabled device;
- Operating system that supports wireless internet connection (See Additional Information on the “WiFi Network” page).
4. Do you support all Operating Systems (such as
Windows, iOS [Apple], Android, Linux, etc.)?
All Operating Systems will work in CCSF’s Wireless network but technical assistance is only available for Windows and iOS. Download specific information about various Operating Systems/Devices under "Additional Information" on the WiFi Network page.
5. Do I need a username and password to login to
the CCSF Wireless Network?
Yes, you access CCSF Wireless using your CCSF Student or Employee ID number (i.e., W00, @00, C00, D00, etc. - which is case sensitive - remember what you used when you signed up online), as well as the password (your six digit birthday). Each time you log in, you are given a 7-day connection for the particular device you are using, once the 7-day period passed, you will need to re-connect by re-entering your username and password. There is no log-out/log-off function.
If you do not remember it ( which is your birthday, e.g. 031182 ), you will need to reset your password by contacting the Help Desk at 415-239-3711 or email@example.com.
8. What is CCSF's Network Use Policy?
Click this link for detailed information about CCSF’s Network Use Policy.
13. How do I print from the CCSF Wireless Network?
Unfortunately, you are unable to print while connected to CCSF Wireless. You can, however, copy your work to a portable storage device (for example, a “flash” drive), then use a campus computer to access your saved work and print.