Frequently Asked Questions
Help Desk Hours
24 hours per day
On Campus dial 611 or 3711
1. How do I access the CCSF Wi-Fi Network? How do I sign up?
You need to sign up a WiFi account first before connecting to the CCSF Wireless Network. You get more details from our Sign Up page. Once a user account is created, there is a two-step process to connect to the Internet:
- After you have created your account connect the device (laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.) to the new “CCSF Wireless” AP with WPA Key/Password: “freewireless4all”;
- Then, just open
any web browser on your device, and you will be connected to a
“Welcome Page” that requires you to provide your username
(employee/student ID) and password (created by you when you register
the new WiFi).
- Laptop, notebook, or WiFi-enabled device;
- Operating system that supports wireless internet connection (See Additional Information on the “WiFi Network” page).
4. Do you support all Operating Systems (such as
Windows, iOS [Apple], Android, Linux, etc.)?
All Operating Systems will work in CCSF’s Wireless network but technical assistance is only available for Windows and iOS. Download specific information about various Operating Systems/Devices under "Additional Information" on the WiFi Network page.
5. Do I need a username and password to login to
the CCSF Wireless Network?
Yes, you access CCSF Wireless using your CCSF Student or Employee ID number (i.e., W00, @00, C00, D00, etc. - which is case sensitive - remember what you used when you signed up online), as well as the password (your six digit birthday). Each time you log in, you are given a 7-day connection for the particular device you are using, once the 7-day period passed, you will need to re-connect by re-entering your username and password. There is no log-out/log-off function.
If you do not remember it ( which is your birthday, e.g. 031182 ), you will need to reset your password by contacting the Help Desk at 415-239-3711 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. What is CCSF's Network Use Policy?
Click this link for detailed information about CCSF’s Network Use Policy.
9. What is the wireless coverage on campus?
Where are the hotspots?
Please refer to our Hotspots page.
13. How do I print from the CCSF Wireless Network?
Unfortunately, you are unable to print while connected to CCSF Wireless. You can, however, copy your work to a portable storage device (for example, a “flash” drive), then use a campus computer to access your saved work and print.
14. How long does it take to create my CCSF
Completed applications for Wireless accounts are automatically processed every hour Monday through Friday, but is highly recommended that you should wait at least a couple of hours after signing up online before you try connecting to the WiFi network.