How to connect to the CCSF Wireless Network:
You must sign up for an CCSF WiFi account before you can connect to the wireless network.
Help Desk Hours
24 hours per day
On Campus dial 611 or 3711
To sign up for CCSF WiFi:
1. Click on the “
2. Enter your CCSF Student or Employee ID ( i.e., "WØ", "@Ø", "C00", "D00", etc. number - it is case sensitive ), your Birthday and email, then click on “Submit.”
3. If all your information submitted is correct, you will see a “Registration Successful!” screen. Completed applications for Wireless accounts are automatically processed every hour Monday through Friday.
To Connect to CCSF Wireless:
Note: The following instructions are for a Laptop running Windows XP (with Service Pack 3). For your particular mobile device, you will need to read the device manual for instructions on how to connect to a WiFi network.
1. To verify that your account has been established, go to any
CCSF Wireless Hotspot,
then click on your computer’s Wireless Network Connections icon in the
lower right corner of your laptop’s screen.
2. Select "View Available Wireless Networks," and choose "CCSF Wireless."
3. When asked for “Network WPA (or WEP) Key,” enter “freewireless4all,” then click “Connect” (“OK” or “Join” for Mac & iPhone/iPad). This step is only required once, however, if you are using an Apple products, you may be asked for a Password again – enter “freewireless4all”again. You will now be connected to CCSF Wireless.
4. Open your Internet Browser (i.e., Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc.), and enter any URL (i.e., www.google.com, www.ccsf.edu, www.yahoo.com, etc.). You will see the CCSF Wireless Welcome page, where you will need to enter the “Username” ( it is case sensitive - lower or upper case "w / W" will make a big difference, so remember how you signed up online ) and “Password” when you created your account. After entering your correct Login Credentials, you will then have wireless internet connection – congratulations and enjoy!
Your username is your CCSF ID Number (i.e., your student or employee ID which usually starts with "W00", "@00", "C00", D00", etc. - don't forget it is "case sensitive").
Your password is your birthday (your six digit birthday in MMDDYY format, e.g. 070661).