1. Description of Programs and Services and their Locations: Insert description from previous program review and revise as necessary to remain consistent with the College’s Mission.
- Describe your department or program’s purpose, as well as its programs, services, and locations. Address how it aligns with the College’s Mission (available at www.ccsf.edu/program_review). Note, department / program descriptions used in the previous program reviews are available via the archives section on the program review website (see right-hand side).
- Suggested wording to
- “Our department currently assists, maintains, offers the following… for the purpose of…
- “Our department
currently provides (objectives) to support (objectives) at the
following places (list
Example: CCSF’s Mathematics Department
1.1 offers basic skills and
precollegiate mathematics courses that meet associate degree
requirements and prepare students for university level work.
1.2 provides students a full complement
of lower division mathematics courses, including calculus, linear
algebra and differential equations for STEM courses.
1.3 offers a variety of courses that
meet the quantitative reasoning requirements at CSU, UC, and other
1.4 provides student support services
including Math Lab tutorial services, Math Bridge, the LAC
partnership, and the Retention Center partnerships.
1.5 offers classes at Ocean (162 course
sections per semester), at Mission (10 course sections per semester),
and at Southeast (5 sections per semester).
Example: Student Health Services listed 3 major program objectives
from their departmental Mission Statement
1. CCSF Health Education and Outreach
(with 4 paragraphs of explanation)
2. We promote public health in the
community (with 3 paragraphs of explanation)
3. We are a training site for students (one paragraph)