For more information and forms use the Grants Management website
Starting Your Grant-Funded Project:
Upon receiving notification that you are awarded funding, you are
authorized to conduct the program or project in accordance with
grantor regulations. You must also conduct the program or project in
accordance with CCSF policies and procedures. If you are not familiar
with either the grantor or CCSF policies and procedures, it is
recommended that you browse the Grants Resources website.
Listed below are the main steps to take to implement your project:
- Announce award notification in the appropriate places by submitting information required for Board Agenda item(s) (See Obtaining Board Approval page). New procedures are now in place for preparing and applying for external "Restricted" funding (See Grant Approval & Preparation Process page). Your Dean and Department Chair should be thoroughly informed especially if your grant commits Unrestricted/General funds to support funded activities or includes release time/instructional funds. In most cases, a fund number can be assigned with award notification, by directly contacting Business Services.
- Complete a Post-Award Budget Form and Staffing Form. This form should match your approved proposed budget and requires project coordinator and Dean's signatures. These forms should be completed in accordance with College District Expenditure Account Codes and forwarded to the District Office with copy of grant documents, guidelines, and work-plan. For assistance or questions in completing forms email Marguerite Versher.
- Check with Business Services for assignment of fund number. The fund number serves to identify your project and expenditure activities.
- Complete CCSF personnel hiring forms. As soon as the fund number is assigned to your grant, file personnel forms with the appropriate offices, Human Resources and/or Office of Instruction.
Handle personnel issues:
If applicable, go through CCSF hiring procedures by requesting info from
If applicable, complete any Professional or Limited Services Contracts if hiring non-CCSF employee project support (consultant, speaker, other vendor etc.)
If applicable, follow procedures for hiring students (with or without FA work-study)
by contacting Student Employment.
Agreements and Sub-awards:
If your grant has a sub-award to other institutions/organizations, a Sub-Recipient Agreement and Board Resolution or FIO is required. (All agreements and most contracts over $2,000 require FIO's). A fillable PDF of the Sub-Recipient Agreement hopefully will be available soon. Four original signatures on the Agreement will still be required, however, you may be able to email the agreement and have award partners print, sign, and return via regular or express mail. Please contact Marguerite Versher for assistance with all Sub-recipient Agreements.
Accounting and Budget Management
- BANNER access is available upon request to the Help Desk to track grant expenditures. For faculty staff technical support contact the Technology Learning Center (TLC) or the Help Desk.
- It is strongly recommended that you track all expenditures, in-kind, and matching funds with simple Excel spread sheets. You may also request expenditure reports from the Grants Accounting Office, however they do not track matching or in-kind documentation.
- Please Review Policies issued by the District Business Office regarding contracts and purchasing via the Vice Chancellor of Administration and Finance.
Complete all reports required by grantor. As soon as you receive the reporting and invoicing requirements from funder, copy and notify Marguerite Versher, Grants Resources and Management, for assistance.