Forms and Examples
- Schedule Change Form - Instructor (change instructor, change workload - use instead of Hourly Paid Assignment form)
- Noninstructional Assignment - New (add a new noninstructional assignment)
- Noninstructional Assignment - Change/Delete (update details of an existing noninstructional assignment)
- Part-Time Faculty Upgrade Form
Please fill out the forms completely and correctly or they will be sent back.
Also please do not create your own version of the above forms or they too will be sent back.
For forms related to
Adding/Cancelling/Substituting classes or minor class changes,
see the Scheduling Office web site.
Documentation and Links
- Faculty Assignment and Payroll Production Timelines 2016-2017
Faculty Assignment and Payroll Production
- Chairs and Deans Guide to FLAC
Guide to FLAC
- How to use Argos:
- Considerations for Part-time Faculty (includes notes about the 67% load limit, grant-funded assignments, part-time upgrades, modal load, and ancillary assignments).
- Faculty Load Form Samples
Fall 2016 Additional Reassigned Time Process (DCC Contract Art. 18.E)
Spring 2017 Additional Reassigned Time Process
U-Funded Reassigned Time
- Positions from DCC Articles 18.C and 18.D, and positions approved through DCC Article 18.E - updated for 2017/18
- Previously-approved positions - includes those that end Spring 2017
- Draft list of additional U-funded reassigned time positions
Frequently Asked Questions
I have a full-time faculty member with a grant-funded assignment. What should I do?
If the assignment is an extra-pay assignment, just indicate the fund number and/or pooled position number when creating the class on the Schedule Change - Add/Cancel/Substitute form. (If the class already exists, use a Schedule Change - Instructor form instead, and include a comment about the fund number and/or pooled position number). The FLAC process used for extra-pay assignments will handle the accounting.
If the assignment is an inload assignment, submit a Budget Office Form 5 to the Budget Office so that the faculty member's salary can be charged to the grants appropriately. There is no need to submit any paperwork to the Office of Instruction.
If the assignment is an extra-pay assignment, just fill out the Noninstructional Assignment - New form, making sure to indicate the fund number and/or grant-funded pooled position number on the form. The FLAC process used for extra-pay assignments will handle the accounting.
If the assignment is an inload assignment, fill out both of the following: