Needing to make unit or hour changes to meet standards?
Instructions for Submissions to the Curriculum Committee -- 2015-2016
Consult the Calendar. All deadlines are published on the Curriculum Committee Calendar.
- The technical review submission deadline is generally two weeks prior to the agenda deadline.
- The agenda deadline for the next scheduled Curriculum Committee meeting is generally two weeks prior to the meeting.
- Deadlines may be adjusted based on the academic calendar.
CCSF has modified its curriculum-development processes as part of the official rollout of the CurricUNET Curriculum Module. (Review major Fall 2015 curriculum changes with CurricUNET.)
Per normal operating procedures, be sure you have reviewed the
Curriculum Handbook relevant chapters before submission: Curriculum
Handbook Version 4.0 This is your main guide to preparing
- Be sure to review the
Technical Review Avoiding Common Errors (TRACE)
checklist designed specifically for CurricUNET processes:
- Course Outline of Record Checklist (PDF version | DOC version | DOCX version)
- Program Checklist (PDF version | DOC version | DOCX version)
Distance Education Addendum DEA Checklist (PDF version | DOC version | DOCX version).
- Work with the
Distance Education Coordinator to ensure your item is
correctly completed and review our policy on Regular
Effective Contact for Distance Learning Courses
- Work with the Distance Education Coordinator to ensure your item is correctly completed and review our policy on Regular Effective Contact for Distance Learning Courses
Use CurricUNET to draft your proposal. (If new to using
CurricUNET, access task guides (especially the Originator
Task Guide), watch video tutorials, and/or review User Manual
instructions at CurricUNET Curriculum User Manual Support
- Training, drop-in labs, and support will be available Fall semester to assist you in getting your updated curriculum into the new CurricUNET software and launching it into the workflow.
For summer work, training is online only. For questions,
- Submit your curricula for committee review by launching it through CurricUNET's Curriculum Module.
- Timely completion of stipulations: If your proposal is reviewed by the Curriculum Committee during one of its meetings, and stipulations (changes) are requested, those changes must be made and resubmitted within CurricUNET within a short time period, normally nine days. Proposals approved with stipulations that are not resubmitted correctly in a timely manner may be moved back to the department chair to start over again.
- For questions about the curriculum approval process, deadlines, and standards, contact the curriculum committee chair: Melinda Weil.
- Distance Education Addenda are viewed by a subcommittee. See DEA Subcommittee Description. For questions, contact the distance learning coordinator.
- If you encounter difficulties or have questions on the use of CurricUNET, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Look to the archives for all Spring 2015 and earlier calendars and minutes as well as Spring 2015 instructions, forms, and templates.