Consult the Calendar. All deadlines are published on the Curriculum Committee Calendar.
- The technical review submission deadline is generally two weeks prior to the agenda deadline.
- The agenda deadline for the next scheduled Curriculum Committee meeting is generally two weeks prior to the meeting.
- Deadlines may be adjusted based on the academic calendar.
Curriculum submissions have closed for Spring 2015.
Look to the archives for all Spring 2015 and earlier calendars and minutes as well as Spring 2015 instructions, forms, and templates.
Instructions for Submissions to the Curriculum Committee -- Fall 2015
For Fall 2015, we will be using new curriculum-development processes as part of the official rollout of CurricUNET Curriculum Module. The official launch is August 15th and we are asking faculty who want to do curriculum development in preparation for Fall to follow instructions below. (Review major Fall 2015 curriculum changes with CurricUNET.)
- Per normal operating procedures, be sure you have reviewed the Curriculum Handbook relevant chapters before submission: Curriculum Handbook Version 4.0 This is your main guide to preparing curriculum.
- Be sure to review the TRACE checklist designed specifically for CurricUNET processes:
- If you are submitting a course outline of record: Course Outline Checklist (PDF version | DOC version)
- If you are submitting a Program of any type: Program Checklist (PDF version | DOC version)
- If you are submitting a Distance Education or Honors Addendum, work with the Distance Education Coordinator to ensure your item is correctly completed and review our policy on Regular Effective Contact for Distance Learning Courses
- Summer 2015: Draft your curricula in Microsoft Word or another editor.
Do NOT use forms, templates, or technical review resources from previous semesters (now archived).
Do not submit paper copies.
- For those who want to start Fall 2015 with their outlines as close to ready as possible, you can also request to work with Katryn Wiese over the summer. Through email, she can assist in getting your outlines reviewed by volunteers, so that most major issues can be resolved prior to Fall. You can make appointments with her for the first week of the semester to get your outlines uploaded and launched.
- Training, drop-in labs, and support will be available beginning the first day of Fall semester to assist you in getting your updated curriculum into the new CurricUNET software and launching it into the workflow.
- To learn more about the full approval process your launched curricula will go through, review Approvals and Worfklow within CurricUNET)
- Fall 2015: Submit your curricula for committee review through CurricUNET's Curriculum Module. (The CurricUNET User Manual has instructions and links to support resources such as training, drop-in help labs, and video tutorials, which will all be available by August 17th, 2015.)
- Timely completion of stipulations: If your proposal is reviewed by the Curriculum Committee during one of its meetings, and stipulations (changes) are requested, those changes must be made and resubmitted within CurricUNET within a short time period, normally nine days. Proposals approved with stipulations that are not resubmitted correctly in a timely manner may be moved back to the department chair to start over again.
If you have questions on the use of CurricUNET, contact email@example.com.