CCSF Website CMS
CCSF Website CMS
- To get help with problems or with editing the CCSF Web site/CMS, click www.ccsf.edu/tdhelp (Note: the password to submit your request is "password"). Most requests will be addressed within 48 hours.
- OR: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call the Helpdesk at (415) 239-3711
Currently, the Helpdesk is staffed Monday-Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Use an up-to-date version of the Chrome Browser when editing your
pages. Firefox is no longer the preferred browser, and
Internet Explorer and Safari do not work when editing the CMS.
All browsers can view the site: these messages are just for
folks editing pages.
A group of pilot participants had preliminary training from our initial consultants. CCSF developed a training plan through the TLC during the summer of 2009. Training sessions started in October and November 2009 and continue currently.
Trainings are reserved for those designated to create/update
department and "project" sites. Individual faculty members
should use CCSF Google Sites to create an instructional page.
Instructors who created sites using Dreamweaver, or other html editors
may continue to use them.
Do I need an account? My supervisor/co-worker/department head already has one.
Everyone who works on the new site must have a personal account. Logins are now attached to a person, not to a site and logins should not be shared.
What is the process for getting an account so that I can work on the site?
1: Get an account on the system: Fill out the Online CMS Account Request Form
- Submit your Faculty ID number and pin
- The website url field is automatically filled in based on your directory information
- Provide brief details about why your require access to the CMS
- Allow 2 working days for the site admins to create your account, provide access to your program/department's CMS pages, and e-mail you log-in information
2: Sign up for a CCSF
- If you want more training or support, drop into the TLC lab.
Lab Aides can often help.
- Remember: so far these are for department/project/school representatives only—not for individual Faculty or Staff. A Google site built with a CCSfmail account are recommended for individual faculty/staff.
- More information from the IT department about the CMS is available here.