Training Opportunities for Faculty & Staff
Learn how the following technologies support CCSF faculty, staff and adminstrators:
- Insight (Moodle): Train to use CCSF's online learning management system for tech-enhanced and online courses. Learn how Insight can be used to deliver course content, calculate grades, communicate with students, and more.
- Google Sites, Docs & Calendars: Train to use Google Apps. Learn to design a web site, manage calendars, create documents, share files with students/colleagues, and more.
- Lynda.com: Access online training videos to learn about web design, word processing, cartooning, and much, much more!
- Microsoft Office 365: Get help with using the new e-mail system. Groupwise is no more.
- CMS: Trainings are reserved for those approved to create/update sites for CCSF approved departments and projects.
How to Train
- TLC Workshops - Designed to train CCSF faculty and staff to use available technology resources. View the TLC Calendar for scheduled workshops.
- Custom Training for Departments and Offices - This can take many forms, from organized workshops to short visits for individuals in a department. Contact the TLC Coordinator at 452-7126.
- FLEX Training - The TLC provides technology training during FLEX days, in August, January, and for Classified FLEX (when requested). Please see your FLEX booklet put out by the Office of Professional Development to view flex training.
- Online Training - Use Lynda.com to learn about almost anything. Visit the website and choose from thousands of courses. Then sign up to receive access.
Educational Technology Resources
Interested in Offering a Workshop?
Interested in working with the TLC to offer a workshop on an educational technology software tool that enhances the teaching and learning experience? The Ed Tech Department offers small grants for CCSF faculty interested in sharing their knowledge about educational technology software and hardware to the CCSF community. Contact Nathan Steele at email@example.com.