Information About Using Insight to
Tech-enhance a Face-to-Face Class
What is a tech-enhanced class?
Faculty teaching a face-to-face credit class at CCSF have the opportunity to use Insight (CCSF's learning management system) to "tech-enhance" a class.
Please note that Insight is also used for all online classes at CCSF. A tech-enhanced class is not an online class. In order to teach an online class at CCSF faculty must participate in district mandated training. For more info about teaching online click here.
What are the benefits of using Insight to tech-enhance a class?
Faculty are given an Insight "shell" to use for each credit section they are assigned. Benefits of using Insight include:
- A centralized location to post materials such as a syllabus and course calendar.
- Insight activities so that students can submit assignments and projects.
- A place to take quizzes further encouraging a "flipped" classroom.
- Rubrics and marking guides to grade assignments and projects.
- A place to foster class discussions via forums.
- An integrated gradebook that provides students up-to-date information about their class progress.
- An email and message system to organize communication by class.
Are Students Automatically Loaded?
Yes! The class list is automatically loaded and updated daily with adds and drops to match the Web4 classlist.
Is there support?
Yes! The Educational Technology Department supports students and faculty in using Insight.
Both faculty and students are supported via a Student Help Ticket system including a searchable FAQ and System Requirement Check.
Faculty can meet with another faculty member to discuss specific uses of Insight as well as participate in specialized workshops on the pedagogical uses of Insight. Faculty are enrolled in the Resource and Info for Tech-enhanced Faculty in Insight and are part of the tech-enhanced list-serv.
Both faculty and students can call 415-452-5689 and talk with our support staff or drop by Batmale Hall, 310. We offer drop-in support Monday-Thursday from 9-4:00 pm on the Ocean Campus.