The PURCHASING department's assessment process is documented and described below. For more details, please contact the department chair, and view the rest of our department website.
Outcomes and Assessment Process
Major Service Outcome: Expedite and simplify procurement of goods and services for the institution
To assess this outcome, we:
- Produce and disseminate surveys periodically to gather
feedback from faculty/staff/students and vendors
- Conduct trainings internally and externally for vendors/faculty/staff
- For new or upgraded facilities, efficiently procure furniture that is cost effective and that meets the needs of those who will be using it. (measurements: furniture is available and in place by time facility opens)
After we collect survey data, we review the results internally, amonst all staff and decide where improvements are necessary. We then prioritize and develop long-term plans for service enhancements.
When revisions can be enacted, the assessment process continues, and
we assess the revisions and cycle back through the loop.
This has been an internal active assessment process since
Internal Production Goals
Internal production goals are assessed monthly and reviewed within the entire group, also in a closed-loop process. Examples of these goals include:
- Simple orders are completed in 24 hours
- Regular, informal orders are completed within 1 week
- Public bids are completed within 3 weeks