The Payroll outcomes-assessment process is documented and described below. For more details, view the rest of our department website.
Payroll Services is dedicated to ensuring all CCSF employees are paid timely and accurately. Our customers are the employees of CCSF and our focus is to ensure satisfaction with the services we proudly provide.
Faculty and staff and student workers (CCSF employees) who receive services from us will be able to:
- Receive accurate and timely pay
- Receive rapid, accurate, and supportive responses to inquiries with timely follow up and a satisfactory resolution
- Access pertinent information on unit payrolls (for reporting)
- Expect confidentiality
General process currently followed:
- Methods for gathering data on our office include such things as:
- A technical writer consultant was hired to develop a detailed process, workflows, and procedures document to be used as a baseline of what currently exists. This work consulted various units across the college including Faculty Payroll, Office of Instruction, Student Affairs, Accounting, Timekeepers, Payroll Staff, and HR.
- Payroll staff will review the "As Is" materials and identify areas for improvement, including better internal control.
- Use ARGOS reporting to gather data from BANNER (post audits).
- Software (Jira-like) where all documents that come into payroll can be logged in, and response rates tracked.
- College-wide survey (employee survey) -- every four years
- Gathered data are reviewed by Associate Dean of Payroll and staff, analyzed, summarized, and studied for areas of improvement. Results shared through annual progress reports and Program Review.
- Improvements are implemented in as timely and effective a manner as possible. These improvements are then re-evaluated in the next assessment cycle to ensure they are working and we are continuing to meet our goals.