Payroll follows the CCSF assessment process as documented on the Outcomes Assessment Reporting website. Additional unit-specific processes described below.
Payroll Services is a dedicated team of processionals committed to paying District employees on time and accurate while ensuring that the District stays in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations in addition to CCSF policies and procedures.
The Payroll Services staff strives to provide excellent customer service to all District employees and outside customers.
Faculty and staff and student workers (CCSF employees) who receive services from us will be able to:
- Receive accurate and timely pay
- Receive accurate, and supportive responses to inquiries with timely follow up and a satisfactory resolution
- Access pertinent information on unit payrolls (for reporting)
- Expect confidentiality
General process currently followed:
- Methods for gathering data on our office include such things
- A technical writer consultant was hired to develop a detailed process, workflows, and procedures document to be used as a baseline of what currently exists. This work consulted various units across the college including Faculty Payroll, Office of Instruction, Student Affairs, Accounting, Timekeepers, Payroll Staff, and HR.
- Payroll staff review the "As Is" materials and identify areas for improvement, including better internal control. From these "As Is" processes, we will be able to develop concise and more streamlined processing ensuring internal controls are in place.
- Use ARGOS reporting to gather data from BANNER (post audits).
- Software (Jira-like) where all documents that come into payroll can be logged in, and response rates tracked.
- College-wide survey (employee survey) -- every four years
- Gathered data are reviewed by
Associate Dean of Payroll and staff, analyzed, summarized, and
studied for areas of improvement. Results shared through annual
assessment reports and Program Review.
- Improvements are implemented in as timely and effective a manner as possible, in collaboration with other college departments. These improvements are then re-evaluated in the next assessment cycle to ensure they are working and we are continuing to meet our goals.