Department Student Employment
Photography Issue Room Lab Assistant
Job Description: Work in the Photography Issue Room to assist the on-duty Lab Supervisor.
- Issue and return student photographic equipment.
- Maintain a daily log of equipment and area usage.
- Maintain the issue Room.
- Answer the telephone and record messages.
- Clean lab areas as needed.
- Support Digital Lab areas
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Lab Supervisor
- Complete the Student Hiring Eligibility Process:
- Download and fill out this form: Lab Assistant Application
- Email a digital file of the filled out application form to
Student Work Coordinator, Tonya Hough email@example.com - with subject line, "Lab
Students are hired based on departmental need and student availability.
Photography Peer Mentor
Job Description: Working with Photography Students
- Maintain weekly hours by arrangement with Lab Supervisor for meeting with students
- Assist photography students with basic camera handling skills
- Assist photography students with basic & advanced Adobe Lightroom Skills
- Assist photography students with skill related to PHOT51 lab and assignments
- Assist photography students with Digital Printers
DESIRED but not required:
- CCSF Darkroom skills ("B" or better 81A)
- CCSF Photoshop skills ("B" or better 60A/60B)
- CCSF Lighting skills ("B" or better 85A)
Film Scanning skills
- Complete the Student Hiring Eligibility Process: http://www.ccsf.edu/NEW/en/about-city-college/jobs-at-ccsf/shep.html
- Download and fill out this form: Peer Mentor Application
- Email a digital file of the filled out application form to Student Work Coordinator, Tonya Hough firstname.lastname@example.org - with subject line, "Peer Mentor".
Email Renee Tung email@example.com with any questions you may have about the peer mentor position.
PHOT 140 Industry Internship
Students working in the Photography Department may enroll in the PHOT 140 Industry Internship class for CCSF credit. Please see below for number of units available.
Onsite work experience hours are required as follows:
|1 unit - 60 hours total||1 unit - 75 hours total|
|2 units - 120 hours total||2 units - 150 hours total|
|3 units - 180 hours total||3 units - 225 hours total|
|4 units - 240 hours total||4 units - 300 hours total|
|5 units - 300 hours total||5 units - 375 hours total|
|6 units - 360 hours total||6 units - 450 hours total|
|7 units - 420 hours total||7 units - 525 hours total|
|8 units - 480 hours total||8 units - 600 hours total|